Means being of service to something — a person, a group, a community, a cause, or a belief — means that you've chosen to engage without expectation of reciprocation.
We know that by volunteering you are generously donating your time, skills, and efforts. But a volunteer environment is still a workplace, and as such, you have certain responsibilities that must be upheld. And of course, you have rights as well!
All volunteers are expected to:
Respect confidentiality and privacy
Be punctual and reliable
Carry out the duties listed in your volunteer position description
Give notice if your availability changes
Report any injuries or hazards that you notice in the workplace
Adhere to the organization's policies and procedures
Deal with complaints in the appropriate manner
Undertake training if requested
Ask for support when needed
Support other team members
GET A 500 EUR or 5000 SEK discount for any RETREAT except for SAN PEDRO WEEKENDS AND LUXURY RETREATS
WHAT ARE YOUR OBLIGATIONS AS A VOLUNTEER?
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
The following guidelines are here for the benefit of every person who comes to our RETREATS. This is so much more than just a RETREAT; we are building a sacred place, a place for the deepest healing and inner journey to take place. To discover the depths of who you really are, and let go of all that no longer serves in the process. This is no simple process.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
1. Volunteers are not allowed to give readings or healing or energy work during the retreats.
2. Volunteers need to arrive a day before the retreat, Thursday evening if the retreat starts on Friday for example. Volunteers will handle the keys of the place back to the people that rent the place and after finish with all the cleaning of the place, kitchen, bathrooms, and other facilities in the building that must be cleaned. We will give clearer instructions once we are in the venue about this part.
3. Volunteers needed to help cut vegetables to prepare food before the programmed meals. As well as serving the meals for the participants in the designated area for this.
4. Volunteers need to check the tea station that always has hot water, cups, honey, spoons, and tea available.
5. Volunteers need to check that is always toilet paper available in the toilet and still, two extra rolls should be available
6. Volunteers need to check the trash bins from the kitchen to make sure they are not full.
7. Volunteers will take care of cleaning dishes, we have fast cleaning machines for this purpose. As well dishes, cups, pots, cutlery and any other thing we use in the kitchen should be placed back to where it belongs after cleaning.
A more elaborate list will be sent later on to be read and accepted by you before signing up as a volunteer.